Apples are recurring Items and Objects in The Legend of Zelda series.[name references needed]
Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, Apples are a health-restoring item that can only be obtained by dashing into Trees with the Pegasus Shoes. Apples are also the answer to one of the Lumberjack's riddles in A Link to the Past & Four Swords.
Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch
In Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch, Apples are found growing on certain Trees scattered on the Overworld of Koholint Island. Link can perform a Dash Attack into these Trees to make them fall on the ground. He can then pick them up and eat them to restore some Hearts.[how many?]
In Twilight Princess, Apples are found in the stalls of Hyrule Castle Town's South Road. However, Link cannot actually obtain or use them.
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, Apples can recover one Heart. They can also be stored in Bottles by catching them with the Net. Next to Link's House, an Apple tree grows Apples with every StreetPass encounter, starting with three and reaching a maximum of 20.
Breath of the Wild
In Breath of the Wild, Apples are Materials that can be used in Cooking Food. This red fruit can be found growing on various trees throughout Hyrule. They're also sold by the General Shoppe and the travelling Merchant Gartan near Gerudo Town. Regular Hinoxes also drop Apples when defeated.
Apples can be eaten fresh to heal half of a Heart. They can also be made into Baked Apples by exposing them to Fire, which heal three-quarters of a Heart. At the Kochi Dye Shop, Apples can be used to create Red Dye.
During the Side Quest "Riddles of Hyrule", Walton will ask Link to bring him something small, red, round, and sweet. If Link drops an Apple on the leaf in front of Walton, he will cheer before moving on to the next riddle.
Apples are either required or an option when Cooking the following meals:
|Courser Bee Honey|
Hot Buttered Apple
|Apple or Wildberry|
Fruit and Mushroom Mix
Copious Simmered Fruit
|Any 4 Different Fruit|
|Any Vegetable, Herb, or Flower|
Tears of the Kingdom
Apples are set to reappear in Tears of the Kingdom. Similarly to their Breath of the Wild counterparts, they can be found growing on Trees throughout Hyrule.
My Nintendo Picross: Twilight Princess
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
In Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, apples do not appear physically. However, there is the icon of an apple, which can be used to heal several hearts. Although the character can only hold three apples at first, as the character progresses, he will be able to hold 4 apples. There are also baked apples, which can be obtained after burning the character. For example, if the character gets burned by a Bomb Barrel, the apples will become baked, and heal more hearts.
|Names in Other Regions|
|リンゴ (Ringo) (ALttP | ALBW | BotW)||Apple|
|蘋果 (Píngguǒ) (BotW)|
|Appel (BotW)||Same as English.|
|사과 (Sagwa) (BotW)|
|Яблоко (Yabloko) (BotW)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- ↑ Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 116 (ALttP | ALBW)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "Apple
A common fruit found on trees all around Hyrule. Eat it fresh, or cook it to increase its effect." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Baked Apple
Direct heat has softened and sweetened this apple. Eat it to restore three quarters of a heart." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Simple foods such as apples are fine to eat raw, but roasting them on a fire makes them tastier and more nutritious." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Small, red, round, and sweet! Bring me one of this simple treat!" — Walton (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Apple! It's an apple! That's it! THAT'S IT! You got it!" — Walton (Breath of the Wild)
- ↑ "Bomba" — Credits (A Link to the Past, Italian localization)
- ↑ Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Shogakukan, pg. 17
- ↑ "リンゴ
鼻をくすぐる" — Inventory (A Link Between Worlds)
- ↑ "Apple" — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- Future Releases
- Bottle Items
- Health Restoring Items
- Items in A Link to the Past
- Items in Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch)
- Objects in Twilight Princess
- Objects in Twilight Princess HD
- Items in A Link Between Worlds
- Items in Breath of the Wild
- Items in Tears of the Kingdom
- Items in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity