A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, Balls appear mainly in Dungeons, rolling around rooms causing damage to Link whenever he touches one. They serve as obstacles that Link must avoid while solving puzzles or fighting Enemies.
Four Swords Adventures
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, Brutal Balls appear similarly to their appearance in A Link to the Past. Brutal Balls are launched from huge openings in Dungeon walls and careen down corridors and across rooms. They will either appear in an endless and varied stream from a larger openings, or are fired one after the other from smaller openings. Larger openings can also occasionally launch Gargantuan Balls.
Tri Force Heroes
In Tri Force Heroes, Balls appear in the beginning section of The Lady's Lair. Four chutes at the room's north end launch Balls toward the Links while the trio attempts to solve a mechanical puzzle to gain entrance to the Lair. Rather than rolling back into small openings at the other end, these Balls will crash into the wall and crumble. Gargantuan Balls appear in the preceding Level, the Training Ground.
Breath of the Wild
In Breath of the Wild, the Ball is an Object used during the Boom Bam Golf Mini-Game. The objective is to hit the Ball into the hole at the end of the Tanagar Canyon Course, which is marked by a Big Flag. The ball can be moved by hitting it while it is under the effects of the Stasis Rune. Modar suggests using two-handed Weapons, such as Hammers, to send the Ball longer distances, but he also warns Link not to overdo it. For shorter distances, Modar tells Link to use one-handed Weapons, but they break more easily. Another strategy Modar suggests is hitting the Ball with as much power as possible. Any movement by the Ball is considered a stroke.
Tears of the Kingdom
|Names in Other Regions
|Same as English.
|This table was generated using translation pages.
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "It couldn't be simpler ta play! Whack the ball and try to knock it inta the hole at that flag." — Modar (Breath of the Wild)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Prima Official Game Guide, Prima Games, pg. 78
- "Two-handed weapons like hammers can really send the ball flyin', but ya gotta take care not to overdo it." — Modar (Breath of the Wild)
- "Swords and one-handed weapons are better for short distances, but be careful ya don't break 'em playin' the game!" — Modar (Breath of the Wild)
- "Or ya can just go hog wild on the ball! The more power ya put inta yer swing, the further it goes flying! FOOOOORE!" — Modar (Breath of the Wild)
- "If the ball moves even an inch, that counts as a stroke. Huh, I guess those rules ain't so simple after all. Whoops!" — Modar (Breath of the Wild)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1, Shogakukan, pg. 134 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Shogakukan, pg. 31