Location and Uses
A Balloon can be found in North Clock Town being shot at by Jim with a blowgun. Another appears in the Astral Observatory, blocking the ladder leading out of the sewers. It must be destroyed for Link to continue.
Breath of the Wild
Tears of the Kingdom
Balloons are Zonai Devices. When a heat source is placed underneath them, they will rise into the air. They can be merged with other Objects with the Ultrahand ability to create vehicles that can reach high altitudes with relatively little drain on Link's Energy Cell.
Balloons cannot remain aloft indefinitely and will blink green for a few seconds before their duration expires, at which point they will disappear.
|Weapon||Number of Stars|
Mr. Fairy Balloon
|Lv.4 (HWL | HWDE)||
Mr. Fairy Balloon +
|Lv.4+ (HWL | HWDE)||
Liquid Fire Balloon
|Y X X X|
|Y Y X X X|
|Y Y Y X X X|
|Y Y Y Y X|
Tingle puts on a determined face and begins to pump up his Balloon. With an enthusiastic "Kooloo-limpah", it pops, damaging enemies nearby. This attack hits foes in a wide range around Tingle.
- The Rosy Balloon's name may partially be a reference to Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Likewise, the Mr. Fairy Balloon resembles artwork from the game.
|Names in Other Regions|
|熱氣球 (Rè qìqiú)|
|热气球 (Rè qìqiú)||Hot Air Balloon|
|Globo aerostático||Hot-air balloon|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Icon of a Balloon in a Zonai Capsule from Tears of the Kingdom
- "How many balloons does Romani, the girl at the ranch, use during practice?" — Keaton (Majora's Mask 3D)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — The Complete Official Guide (Expanded Edition, 2018), Piggyback Interactive Limited, pg. 330
A Zonai device that rises when filled with hot air. The hotter the air, the quicker it rises." — Inventory (Tears of the Kingdom)
- "热气球" — Inventory (Tears of the Kingdom, Simplified Chinese localization)
- "Globo aerostático" — Inventory (Tears of the Kingdom)