A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, Red Biri split from Red Bari when attacked. They pulse with electricity, so Link must wait for them to cease in order to attack them and avoid getting shocked. Biri can be easily defeated from afar by using the Hookshot or by throwing objects, such as Pots, at them.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Biri can be found Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly. They float around by themselves or by attacking a Bari, which causes it to split into three Biri. They can electrocute Link on contact, so he must use a ranged weapon such as the Boomerang to attack them. Alternatively, Link can stun them by using a Deku Nut before slashing them with the Sword.
Oracle of Ages
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, Biri are split into three variants; Red Biri, Yellow Biri and Purple Biri. They appear similarly to their appearance in A Link to the Past, splitting from Bari of their respective color whenever one is killed.
Ancient Stone Tablets
Cadence of Hyrule
Biri appear as enemies in Cadence of Hyrule, where they can be found in various caves and dungeons. They move to the beat of the music in a specific pattern, where they can only move diagonally in the shape of a diamond unless blocked by an object, in which they will either stay in one place or continue to move between their given set of tiles. They can electrify their bodies for a total of four beats, stunning and damaging Cadence, Link, Yves, or Zelda when they make contact with them, and lose their electricity for another four beats before repeating the pattern.
|Names in Other Regions|
|ビリ (Biri) (ALttP)|
|Zappelqualle (CoH)||Zapping jellyfish; portmanteau of zappen (to zap) and Qualle (jellyfish).|
|Cnidiri (ALttP | OoT3D | OoA | ALBW | CoH)||Corruption of Cnidario (Cnidarian).|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia, Dark Horse Books, pg. 164 (OoT | OoT3D | OoA | ALBW)
- "¡Fin de la partida! Causa: Biri" — Game Over (Cadence of Hyrule, Latin American Spanish localization)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords, Shogakukan, pg. 25
- "Besiegt von: Zappelqualle" — Game Over (Cadence of Hyrule, German localization)
- "Défaite causée par: Biri" — Game Over (Cadence of Hyrule, European French localization)
- Enciclopedia di Hyrule, Magazzini Salani, pg. 167
- "Cnidiri" — Navi (Ocarina of Time 3D, Italian localization)
- "Causa della sconfitta: Cnidiri" — Game Over (Cadence of Hyrule, Italian localization)
- "Défaite causée par: Biri" — Game Over (Cadence of Hyrule, Canadian French localization)
- "¡Fin de la partida! Causa: Biri" — Game Over (Cadence of Hyrule, European Spanish localization)