Spears are recurring Items and Objects in The Legend of Zelda series.[name references needed]
Location and Uses
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
The Wind Waker
The Minish Cap
A Link Between Worlds
Tri Force Heroes
Breath of the Wild
Tears of the Kingdom
The Legend of Zelda
The Crystal Trap
The Spear is the only weapon that can defeat Ganon and destroy the Magic Scroll, which holds the spell to encase Link in a Crystal again. Zelda and Link find the spear stuck in the middle of the trunk. The young hero says he will cut the spear off, but Zelda stops him and asks if there isn't any other way, remembering the promise that she made to Greenbeard in which no one would hurt the woods as long as she lived. Just then, Link hears a band of Moblins heading their way. If Link decides to cut off the spear, Link will pick it up only to see that it is beginning to fade and turn into mist. The tree that had the spear stuck then starts to wither and die with its massive limbs falling onto the ground. As such, the heroes are now stuck between the advancing hordes of Moblins and the falling tree. The book ends with a Game Over as Zelda wishes she had kept her promise to Greenbeard and not let have Link cut the tree.
If, however, Link does not cut off the spear, Zelda will mention she knows how to get the spear and steps back from the giant tree, lifting her arms. She calls upon Greenbeard and asks him to give them his spear to stop the gang of Moblins. The Moblins fall silent and stop in their path after a soft wind blows through the clearing, and just then the spear falls into Link's hand. As the Moblins run away, Ganon reveals himself near the cowering Moblin and steps forward. Link, getting ready to throw the spear, causes Ganon to stumble backward and asks how the heroes found the Spear. Ganon then begins to shoot fireballs at Link, who successfully dodges them. Zelda urges the young hero to use the sacred weapon, but he mentions he cannot get a clear shot. Using her bow, the princess fires an arrow at Ganon, which causes for his robe to get pinned to the tree trunk. Link takes this opportunity to hurl the spear, which lands on Ganon's hand and nails the Magic Scroll to the tree trunk. Injured, the evil wizard warns the heroes that it isn't over yet and quickly vanishes. With Ganon defeated, the pair then look at the spear, which begins to sink into the bark of the tree along with the Magic Scroll, causing for both of them to disappear into nothingness.
The Faces of Evil
The Wand of Gamelon
BS The Legend of Zelda
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
Spears are Weapons used by Lana. They are associated with Water.
The default Spear is the Deku Spear. The second form of the Spear is the Kokiri Spear, followed by the Faron Spear.
The Lv.★ Spear is the 8-Bit Magical Rod?, which is based on the Magic Rod from The Legend of Zelda. It was added to Hyrule Warriors with the Twilight Princess Pack DLC. In Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, instead of appearing as a separate Weapon, the 8-Bit Magical Rod? replaces the Sun Faron Spear when the "8-Bit Weapons" Setting is turned on in Game Settings within the Settings menu.
|Weapon||Number of Stars|
|Lv.★ (HW | HWDE)||
8-Bit Magical Rod?
|Lv.4 (HWL | HWDE)||
Faron Spear +
|Lv.4+ (HWL | HWDE)||
Sun Faron Spear
|X||Lana plants a sapling into the ground, which grows into a tree or a Deku sprout that either rolls forward or bounces in a zigzag pattern.|
|Y X Y Y X||Lana uses a Deku leaf to launch herself upwards, launching the enemy upwards. From there, she can perform up to two aerial kicks, or use the Spear to fire a water bomb downwards and land.|
|Y Y X||Lana summons a slingshot to fire a Deku nut forward.|
|Y Y Y X||Lana summons two waves that converge on the enemy, then crashes them together.|
|Y Y Y Y X||Lana grabs a Deku leaf and unleashes a gust of wind forwards, launching herself upwards.|
|Y Y Y Y Y X||Lana plants three pools of water that spawn Deku sprouts that either roll forward or bounce in a zigzag motion.|
|Y Y Y Y Y Y Y||Lana performs a series of thrusts and swings with the Spear, then creates three magic circles and summons three icicles before shattering them.|
Lana stabs the Spear into the ground, causing a number of root-like tendrils to emerge. They soon form into a miniature version of the Great Deku Tree, while Lana mysteriously disappears and reappears sitting on a branch. She hops off and waves to it before it vanishes, dropping the foes it collected. This attack damages a circular area ahead of Lana.
Cadence of Hyrule
In Cadence of Hyrule, the Spear is used as a weapon by most characters. They deal 1 damage to a single enemy, and have 2 range. Spears deal knockback to the same types of enemies as the Dagger, but deal knockback to less enemies than Short Swords and Long Swords.
Like all weapons in Cadence of Hyrule, the Spear can be found with or infused into one of 6 materials:
- Titanium Spear: Deals 2 damage and has 2 range.
- Ruby Spear: Deals 1 damage and has 2 range. After defeating 5 enemies, restores one half heart.
- Emerald Spear: Deals 1 damage and poisons the enemy it hits. Has 2 range.
- Obsidian Spear: Deals 1, 2, or 3 damage. This weapon's damage increases as your combo increases. Has 2 range.
- Glass Spear: Deals 3 damage to a single enemy in front of the user. If you take damage while this weapon is equipped, it breaks.
- Impa's Naginata: Deals 1 damage and poisons the enemy it hits. After defeating 5 enemies, restores one half heart. Has 2 range.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
A Pitchfork in the Stable from Ocarina of Time 3D
A Spear in the Mighty Training Center from Majora's Mask 3D
Artwork of the Faron Spear from Hyrule Warriors
Spear Adventure Mode icon from Hyrule Warriors
Lana creating a Magic Circle with the Spear from Hyrule Warriors
Lana creating a Magic Circle with the Spear while summoning Deku Tree Sprouts from Hyrule Warriors
Lana wielding the 8-Bit Magical Rod? from Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Lana wielding the Sun Faron Spear from Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
|Lana – Spear gameplay|
- ↑ "'Look,' Link says suddenly. 'Right in the middle of the trunk there's a spear!' [...] 'That must be the weapon the fairy was talking about,' says Link. 'I'll just cut it off.' [...] 'No!' cries Zelda, recalling her promise to Greenbeard. 'Isn't there another way?' Link puts a hand to his hear. 'It sounds like a band of moblin is on the way. We need the spear right now!'" (The Crystal Trap, Simon & Schuster, pg. 99)
- ↑ "Even as Link picks up the spear, it begins to fade and turns into mist. The spear disappears in his hand! 'The tree!' shouts Zelda. As they watch, the ancient tree begins to wither and die. One by one, the massive limbs begin to fall to the ground. Huge pieces of bark fly off and crash to earth. Link and Zelda are trapped between the advancing hordes of moblin and the falling tree. 'I should have kept my promise to Greenbeard and not let Link cut that tree,' says Zelda. 'Now we're doomed!'" (The Crystal Trap, Simon & Schuster, pg. 58)
- ↑ "'I know how to get it,' says Zelda. She steps back from the giant tree and lifts her arms. 'Greenbeard! Give us your spear to stop the axes of the moblin.'" (The Crystal Trap, Simon & Schuster, pg. 73)
- ↑ "A soft noise like the wind through leaves fills the clearing. The screaming moblin fall silent and stop where they are. With a soft snap, the spear falls into Link's hand. 'Hah!' he cries. He holds it overheard and the moblin fall back." (The Crystal Trap, Simon & Schuster, pg. 17)
- ↑ "Link gets ready to throw the spear. As he does, Ganon stumbles backward. 'The spear!' says the evil wizard in a tremblin voice. 'How did you find it?'" (The Crystal Trap, Simon & Schuster, pg. 17)
- ↑ "Link hurls the spear. Ganon throws a flaming fireball at it, but the magic weapon can't be stopped. It hits Ganon in the hand and nails the scroll to the tree trunk. [...] As they watch, the spear begins to sink into the bark of the tree, taking the scroll with it. In a few moments, both disappear." (The Crystal Trap, Simon & Schuster, pg. 119)
- Objects in The Legend of Zelda
- Objects in The Adventure of Link
- Objects in A Link to the Past
- Objects in Link's Awakening
- Objects in Link's Awakening DX
- Objects in Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch)
- Objects in Ocarina of Time
- Objects in Ocarina of Time 3D
- Objects in Majora's Mask
- Objects in Majora's Mask 3D
- Objects in Oracle of Seasons
- Objects in Oracle of Ages
- Objects in Four Swords
- Objects in The Wind Waker
- Objects in The Wind Waker HD
- Objects in The Minish Cap
- Objects in Twilight Princess
- Objects in Twilight Princess HD
- Objects in Phantom Hourglass
- Objects in Spirit Tracks
- Objects in Skyward Sword
- Objects in Skyward Sword HD
- Objects in A Link Between Worlds
- Objects in Tri Force Heroes
- Items in Breath of the Wild
- Items in Tears of the Kingdom
- Objects in The Legend of Zelda (TV Series)
- Objects in The Crystal Trap
- Objects in The Faces of Evil
- Objects in The Wand of Gamelon
- Objects in BS The Legend of Zelda
- Objects in Zelda's Adventure
- Objects in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- Objects in Nintendo Land
- Items in Hyrule Warriors
- Objects in Hyrule Warriors
- Items in Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Objects in Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Items in Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
- Objects in Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
- Items in Cadence of Hyrule
- Items in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity